I adore Foxgloves. The colour, the tall and majestic way they hold themselves, their ability to pop up where you least expect it and their name. Can't you just imagine the sneaky foxes putting their paws in the flowers at dusk? Apparently the name comes from the flowers looking the fingers of gloves. I have three growing in the garden this year, including a huge one with about a dozen stems of flower. I resisted picking any for as long as possible but then I just had to bring one stem indoors. It's now living prettily in a milk bottle on the mantlepiece. (Did you know Foxgloves are completely toxic?) I've been playing along with Little Green Shed's Nature in the Home series on instagram and I have to admit it's been bringing me an endless amount of pleasure.
A few bits and pieces that will brighten up your Friday:
- I've been coveting this ring for about a year now. Sigh.
- I was so inspired by Hannah's post on ways to mark the Summer Solstice, I texted my friend on the spot to see how we can celebrate.
- We might have to drink Blackberry Thyme Sparklers from my vintage champagne saucers
- Doesn't this Elderflower and Gooseberry cake look delicious? Think I'm going to have to give it a whirl on Sunday.
- I'm putting away the laptop and breaking out the sewing machine for the rest of the day to make something from Tilly's book. It's SO good and has inspired to me actually sew (instead of shop) for the first time in I don't know how long.
Happy weekend. Enjoy the sunshine if you're in the UK! If you're back home in NZ, snuggle down with a glass of red (or two) and a good book.