A token Valentines Day post. I don't really dig Valentines Day, I'm far too cynical. For too many years in my teens I watched my big brother struggle in the door laden with roses and cuddly toys from his admirers (bleugh), and my mother working long hours at a florist. Flowers and chocolates are for every day, not just for Valentines Day people! But this year I've decided that instead of going around in a strop, I'm going to treat today as a good excuse to:
1. Wear my favourite red lipstick, Chanel Lune Rousse
2. Drink more than one glass of red from here with the Mr, (we'd probably be doing that anyway)
3. Wear my favourite red velvet dress.
Not too much for the office right?
4. Wear heart print tights and glittery hearts from Giant Dwarf in my hair
5. Make the Mr chocolate brownies, complete with a sprinkling of red edible glitter
7. Avoid the television, especially Don't tell the Bride and Take Me Out. My two guilty pleasures
8. Buy myself some new perfume so I can indeed smell like red roses, even if I'm not carrying a great big bunch home
9. Eat big red juicy tomatoes from Broadway Market
10. Give the Mr a little card, because they do say that all us cynics, are secretly romantics at heart.
More denials of romance on Pinterest here.