My big sister and I spent a few glorious days, back in 2009, staying in a very cool apartment in Montmartre. It was my second time in Paris, and my sister's hundredth (slight exaggeration). This is me looking sulky and tired (suffering after getting up stupid o'clock early to catch the Eurostar).
I think I spent almost as much time gazing out those windows as we did beating the streets.
I can't wait to go back again. It's silly that I've only been twice, and yet it's so easy to get to with the Eurostar.
Mr and I are in desperate need of a holiday, having not left the UK since our epic trip last year. Our Eurostar tickets are paid for, an apartment is booked, and now I'm dreaming up new places in Paris to visit. So far on my list are:
- the gardens at the Musee Rodin
- Comptoir de l’Image, the bookshop as seen on The Satorialist
- Catherine B’s vintage emporium, Les Trois Marches after reading about it on A Girl, A Style
- Le Arts Decoratifs to see the Louis Vuitton Marc Jacobs exhibition, which opens the weekend we are there.
And then there are oh-so-many places to revisit:
- Musee de l'Orangerie
- the markets
- the streets of Monmarte
- the cute little kitchen shops where I nearly bought an absinthe spoon, but didn't
- the magnificant Musee d'Orsay
- and the list goes on...
What are your favourite places to visit in Paris? Where are the best secret spots? I'd love to hear your suggestions.
Image 1. by me, 2. & 3. by Sarah.
p.s. You can see my Paris Pinterest board here.