A few things that are helping me chase away the January blues:
1. Eating cake and buying ribbons at the lovely Ray Stitch on Essex Road. I really need to find a permanent home for my sewing machine.
2. Reading about the gorgeous Alexa, while in bed with a cold.
3. Listening to this guy, after seeing him play a smashing show at the Hackney Empire last Wednesday. (Sorry about the rubbish iPhone pic - it was dark).
4. This is Mr Ukulele's bike. I'm spending my days looking at lady bike's on eBay, and hoping the perfect one will crop up just for me. It's time I replaced my old one.
6. Loving our new old writing bureau. It was old and scummy when we bought it from a nearby charity shop. It looks much better with several licks of paint. It's nice to have another place to sit as sometimes we're fighting for desk space. And it doubles as drawers in the bedroom, which we had been annoyingly living without.
7. And which also doubles a sort-of dressing table for my pretty things. I'll share a before and after of the bureau on here soon.
8. Dreaming of drinking Blood Orange Gin Sparklers in my garden, when Spring has sprung.
9. Being addicted to Instagram. Completely, utterly addicted actually. You can find me by looking for @theteapotexplodes.
10. And finally planning a city break to Paris in March. The Eurostar is super cheap this month and it's a couple of years (far far too long) since I last went to the city of Serge Gainsbourg and Chanel. This was a tea party my sister and I had at the apartment we stayed in on my last visit. I've been looking up new places to go, away from the usual tourist trappings - any suggestions?